Siding makes up a huge percentage of your home’s exterior. This is the first part of your home that everyone notices when they pass by your home or when friends visit. That’s why it’s important that your siding is always in top shape, so it doesn’t take away from your home’s curb appeal or lead to structural damage.
But how do you know whether your damaged siding can be repaired or if it’s time to replace the whole thing? Here are some tips.
Repair Your Siding If…
- There is mild to moderate mold and mildew growth. Instead of trying to clean off the mold and mildew yourself, which can expose you to spores, call a professional siding contractor to do it as soon as possible. The two most important things to find out here are: why your siding has mold and mildew, and whether all of it has been removed.
- There are holes in your siding. Moisture will enter those holes, and so will insects and small animals.
- It’s chipped and cracked. This is not too expensive to repair and you can prevent bigger problems if you repair your siding as soon as possible.
- Some panels are loose. Poor installation and strong winds can cause siding panels to come loose. Call a professional siding and roof repair expert to fix the loose panels.
- Some parts are dented. A professional can repair dents quite easily. They can also replace affected panels if needed.
Replace Your Siding If…
- You’re spending too much time and money on maintenance because your siding is too old.
- You find bubbles. Bubbles on siding panels are bad news. It means water is trapped on or underneath the siding, and this can lead to extensive water damage to your walls and beyond.
- You find dry rot. Your siding is already failing if there’s rot. Have a professional remove and replace your old siding ASAP.
- Your siding has faded. Siding is not supposed to fade until its life span is over. Replace your siding as soon as possible if it’s faded. Don’t just settle for painting old siding.
Get in touch with Right Angle Roofing & Siding, your reputable siding and roofing contractor. Call us today at 631-849-8988 or tell us about your roofing concerns here.